Advancing health informatics is identified as a grand challenge for the 21st century by the National Academy of Engineering. The theme of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) flagship conference International Conference on Biomedical and Health Informatics (BHI) is “Informatics for smart, precision and preventive medicine”. BHI2017 is co-located with annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition in Rosen Plaza Hotel, Orlando, Florida, USA during Feb. 16-19, 2017.
Deadlines and Extension:
- Late-Breaking 1-Page Abstract Submission Deadline – Jan. 12th, 2016
- Data Competition Registration Deadline – Feb. 15th, 2017
- Data Competition Presentations – Feb. 17th – 18th, 2017
- Data Competition Awards Announcement – Feb. 18th, 2017
Great Benefit (EMBS-HIMSS Partnership):
Want to register for BHI 2017?
For BHI 2017, we are making a one time exception for Authors that if you register and your paper is NOT accepted, we will refund your registration, if requested, by January 9th, 2017.
As a reminder, if you are interested in registering for the HIMSS discount, please send Janice Sandler @ firstname.lastname@example.org an email with your BHI registration confirmation number and I will supply you with the discount code. The HIMSS Discount rate of $245 is available between the dates of December 6th, 2016 – January 23rd, 2017.
BHI-2017 welcomes original unpublished submissions by researchers, clinicians, and industrial partners from the biomedical, life sciences, medical, and industrial communities in topics such as:
- Big data analytics for health care
- Wearable, implantable devices, printable/ flexible bioelectronics and 3D printing
- Body sensor networks
- Context awareness, multi-sensor data fusion
- Data inference, mining, and trend analysis
- Quality of service, trust, security, and light-weight communication protocols
- Sensor-based mHealth App
- Medical image processing and visualization
- Content-based image retrieval
- Augmented reality
- Cognitive computing for healthcare delivery and disease management
- Data breach prevention and security
- E-commerce solutions for healthcare
- Telehealth and Telemedicine
- Health data acquisition, transmission, management and visualization
- Information technologies for healthcare delivery and management
- Healthcare communication networks
- Knowledge discovery and decision support
- Translational bioinformatics
- Outcomes research applications
- Public health management solutions
- Informatics for chronic disease management
- Formalism for healthcare modeling and informatics solutions
- Platforms/solutions for precision medicine
- Healthcare modeling and simulation
- Algorithms for Natural language processing and clinical pattern recognitions
- Health information systems and convergence of health
Selected papers will be invited to submit to a Special Issue of IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (J-BHI) and another special issue of Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics (CMIG).
As a reminder – HIMSS is pleased to offer the following discounted registration rate to BHI 2017 Academic Attendees.
December 6th, 2016 – January 23rd, 2017
After January 23rd, 2017
To qualify for this discount, you must be registered for BHI 2017 first. Once registered, you will be sent, via email, the HIMSS discount code.